Colombia is one of the best-known countries in Latin America, but not always for good reasons. The one positive thing about Colombia is its women, who willingly decide to become mail order brides and have everything it takes to make any foreign man happy. Find out everything you need to know about Colombian women for marriage right now!
Why Are Colombian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
So why exactly do so many men want to see a Colombian lady as their life partner? These are just some of their best traits.
Colombian women are too beautiful for words
The beauty of Colombian brides is not up for debate. It’s a wonderful mix of all the genetics and ethnicities who lived in the area for centuries. That is why anyone would struggle to describe the appearance of Colombian girls with just a few sentences. Their skin has a lovely caramel color, while their brown eyes, dark eyebrows, and naturally bright lips create a wonderful contrast on their faces. Colombian women are also famously curvy, but only in the right places: their thin waists are one of their signature features and something they are very proud of.
They are full of love and passion
Colombians are a very emotional nation, and for Colombian mail order brides, most of those emotions revolve around love. A typical Colombian girl does not date a lot before marriage, saving all of her passion for her one and only partner. However, from her late teens, she dreams about the day she meets the love of her life. When that happens, make sure you can handle the amount of passion and affection that is about to be directed in your way.
A Colombian woman has the right priorities
You will hardly ever meet a Colombian woman in her late twenties or early thirties who has not been in a serious relationship or married because of her career. Colombian brides understand that their true calling is to become wives and mothers, while career and everything else comes second. When you meet a young Colombian bride, you can rest assured she has marriage and kids on her mind and will do everything it takes to achieve her goals fast.
What Are Colombian Wives Like?
Marrying a Colombian bride is one of those decisions that forever transform your life, and only for the better. Here are just some of the things you can expect from the marriage with a Colombian wife.
They are loyal and possessive
The women in Colombia are loyal to the highest degree. When they are together with a man, they never make him question their fidelity or even become discreetly interested in another man. However, that’s a two-sided coin. Colombian women are also known to be jealous. They will look for signs of infidelity, and if there are any, they will be quick to find them, so make sure you don’t give your Colombian wife any reasons to doubt your loyalty.
They will make your home a better place
A Colombian wife is ready to accept all the household duties the minutes she walks into her new home. You won’t ever need to worry about cleaning your house or ironing your clothes — those chores will always be taken care of. That includes the special talent of Colombian brides, which is cooking. By the time they get married, Colombian women become the true masters of local cuisine, but they will also quickly learn how to make your favorite delicacies once they move to your home country.
They will become the best mothers to your children
To a Colombian wife, a family only becomes complete when there are at least two children. Growing up with several siblings, Colombian women cannot imagine life any other way. Your Colombian wife will be happy to have your children shortly after getting married and they have proven to be excellent multitaskers: no matter how busy your wife can be with the little ones, she will always find the time to make you feel special.
Why Are Colombian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
If you know anything about life in Colombia, you probably don’t need to guess why so many Colombian women choose to become mail order brides. High crime rates, political instability, inequality for women, and lack of opportunities for career and self-growth are the primary reasons why women consider leaving Colombia through marriage to a foreigner.
However, that’s not all. Colombian brides may look tough, but at their hearts, they are tender and just want to be treated well. Since they usually cannot get the desired treatment from their local men, they resort to becoming mail order brides in a hope that their foreign husbands will treat them with the respect and love they deserve.
The Guide on Marrying a Colombian Woman
Tips on dating a Colombian girl
Dating a Colombian girl is only the beginning of the greatest love story of your life, but it needs to also be the happiest time for you and your Colombian bride. Here are a few tips that will help.
- Be on your best behavior. Colombian women expect the most gentlemanly behavior from their partner. Being rude, inconsiderate, or failing to show little signs of chivalry won’t earn you any extra points from a Colombian bride.
- Compliment everything. The women of Colombia don’t have a problem with self-confidence, but they truly enjoy it when their man notices their best features and lets them know about it.
- Know your way around a dancefloor. If there is one thing a Colombian lady cannot live without, it’s dancing. Sooner or later, you will end up in a place with a dancefloor, and when your Colombian bride begins to dance, you should be able to join her.
- Don’t complain about her being late. Punctuality is not a strong suit of Colombian mail order brides, and, truth be told, they are totally worth waiting for. You are expected to always be on time for every date, but never express your disappointment in her late arrival.
- Cover the expenses. It probably goes without saying, but women in Latin America are not used to paying for themselves on dates with men, especially when it’s a foreigner. Covering the checks and taxi rides is the least you can do to charm your Colombian bride.
Meeting Colombian bride parents: 3 tips
Your first meeting with the parents of your Colombian mail order bride must be a success because it will have a major influence on the outcome of your visit to Colombia and your relationship with your mail order bride in the first place. Here is how to make it work.
- Learn a few phrases in Spanish. There is a high probability your future Colombian in-laws speak little to no English, so a few basic phrases in Spanish will go a long way in your communication.
- Try to charm the mother. It’s commonly thought that Colombia is a patriarchal society, but the one person you need to especially charm is the mother of the bride. She is likely very close to your Colombian girl and has a huge influence on her relationship with you.
- Be keen to meet the extended family. A Colombian bride’s family is never limited to her parents. Here grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, and more distant relatives will want to meet you too, and you should welcome them with open arms and an open heart.
Colombian wedding customs and laws
Colombian weddings share a lot of their customs with traditional Catholic weddings, but there are some unusual traditions you should be acquainted with beforehand.
- Serenata the night before. The night before the wedding, you and sometimes your family members or male friends will visit the house of your bride to serenade her and spend time with her and her family before the big day.
- Godfather and godmother. Like the best man and maid of honor are some of the most important people at a Western wedding, the godfather and godmother have the same importance at a Colombian wedding. Choose your godfather wisely!
- Flowers everywhere. Colombia is renowned for its variety of beautiful flowers, and they will be used everywhere, from the bride’s bouquet to floral garlands inside and outside the wedding venue.
- Las Arras. During the church ceremony, the priest will bless a tray with 13 gold coins, which symbolize Jesus and his 12 apostles. You will then give the blessed coins to your bride as a symbol of prosperity in marriage.
- La hora loca. La hora loca, or Crazy Hour, is a Latin wedding tradition you may see at a lot of South American weddings. Around 12 am, the music and the lighting will change, people will wear bizarre accessories, and an even more fun celebration will begin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Colombian brides usually work after the wedding?
If the financial situation in the family allows it, a Colombian wife would rather prefer being a stay-at-home wife and mother. However, if the family is struggling financially, she won’t hesitate to make an effort and contribute to the family budget.
Do Colombian women often go for plastic surgery?
Colombian women stand out among many other Latin American mail order brides for several reasons, including their confidence in their own beauty and bodies. Very few Colombian brides resort to plastic surgery, so your chances of meeting an all-natural bride are incredibly high.
Can Colombian women be called gold diggers?
One of the reasons why Colombian women decide to become mail order brides is their desire to live a better life and raise their children in better conditions. However, that is not the main reason they want to get married to foreigners. They also value the personality and attitude of their future husband and can offer the same in return. That is why they cannot be called gold diggers.
Nina Gross is a family relationship expert with ten years of experience in coaching and consulting. She helped us suggest the best practices for international family relations from the very beginning to the successful and ever-lasting marriage.